Share the post “2014 Armory Show Recap”
The sixteenth edition of the Armory Show hosted 205 galleries from 35 countries. This year’s show beat expectations, boasting strong sales and high prices. View some of our favorite works from the Contemporary and Modern Armory Shows.
Share the post “Kwinter & Co. in Luxe Magazine Winter 2014″
Look inside the Kwinter & Co. designed Woodstock cabin featured in Luxe Interiors + Design Magazine™ Winter 2014 issue.
The 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom weekend home was reworked to open up the floor plan putting the focus on the original cabin space and lends to hosting. “They love to cook and entertain and are big on group activities,” designer and Kwinter & Co.’s founder, Brendan Kwinter-Schwartz told Luxe. The owners, a Manhattan-based couple, hold everything from dinner parties to paintball shootouts in the woods on the property.
“Fresh, sophisticated and hip, with a little campy glamour thrown in,” the lounge-like vibe includes a pair of custom Avery Boardman sofas, a vintage pressed-crocodile Karl Springer table from Lobel Modern and a custom Kwinter & Co. designed fixture made by Remains Lighting.
Mongolian lamb from Kwinter & Co.’s private collection covers the owner’s existing bench, complimented by a B&B Italia sofa and vintage Karl Springer coffee table from Lobel Modern.
In the Master Bedroom the Kwinter & Co. designed nailhead-detailed, wall-to-wall headboard, fabricated by Avery Boardman is offset by a David Weeks fixture from Ralph Pucci, custom sconces from Marsia Holzer Studio and a photograph by Elger Esser from Hamburg Kennedy Photographs.
A work by Richard Serra from Barbara Krakow Gallery above Marimekko linens and vintage kilims bring life to a bedroom. Precipice Denali wallpaper from Flat Vernacular accent the bathroom with a Kwinter & Co. designed, poured concrete sink fabricated by hand by the builder, John Bilotti.
Share the post “Frieze London 2013″
We jumped the pond for Frieze London this year for the Fair’s 11th edition. Collectors, dealers and curious art-lovers came together under the huge brightly lit tent at Regent Park, the site of the fair. Designed by London based architectural studio Cormody Groarke, the space played host to 152 galleries. Here are a few pieces that stood out.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Christopher Wool Non-Representational Work
- "Bowiesque" – David Bowie Inspired Interiors + More
- Kwinter & Co. in Luxe Magazine Winter 2014
- An Hermès Home
- WOMEN WHO INSPIRE YOU TO ACHIEVE HIGHER GOALS :: The Fabulous Frida Kahlo & Kim Smiley
- Party Planning Tips from the Pros
- In Michelle Oka Doner's Soho Studio
- Frieze Art Fair New York 2017
- Architectural Digest Home Design Show 2017
- The Design Exchange Design Auction
- Baldwin Design Council Twitter & Instagram Takeover – Architectural Digest Design Show
- “Bowiesque” – David Bowie Inspired Interiors + More
- Baldwin Design Council Design Trends Mood Boards
- 5 MUST ASK Questions Before Hiring an Interior Designer